Thursday, January 2, 2014

Bat Fit 2014: January Post

Bat Fit 2014   


Welcome to my first Bat Fit 2014 post!  In keeping with this year's theme, "DETOXIFY", and also in keeping with the holistic ideals of Bat Fit (being not just for weight loss any more), I've decided to divide my goals into four areas: Physical, Mental, Emotional, and Spiritual.

Physical:  In December, I decided that I need to get back to exercising at least every other day.  But I have to admit, I've gotten slightly bored with the tai chi and yoga DVDs I was using.  I'd used them so much I practically had them memorized, which is good to a point, but causes eventual boredom and then, of course, a stoppage of bothering to use them, which could be considered a form of toxicity, don't you think?  So I finally exercised my fingers by pushing the buttons on my computer, and ordered a new DVD, "The Industrial Strength Dance Workout with Shakra: Dance Fitness with an Industrial Edge".  It has arrived, so now I just have to figure out how to fit it into my schedule.

Mental:  In this area, I'm continuing my search for a new job/career, because I'm definitely experiencing the need to detoxify my work life!  Last Sunday I spent over two hours with a friend who has been job hunting for months now.  Because she was laid off, her old employer paid for her to take classes/seminars in job search skills from a company that specializes in helping people relocate to new jobs and/or careers.  She was kind enough to offer me access to her paperwork and the website, as well as looking over my resume and answering many questions.  So now I'll be better equipped to continue my quest!

Emotional:  I'm including this area with the Mental area (at least for the moment), because they are very closely connected for me right now. However, I'm also including my decision to begin being more honest in how I feel about things rather than suppressing my feelings to avoid controversy or argument.  I've gotten better at it over time, but it still needs improvement.

Spiritual:  I've really let this area slide for the past several months, partly because I'm going through such a period of upheaval that I'm questioning EVERYTHING.  However, I'm currently reading Thomas Moore's Dark Nights of the Soul, which is helping me accept that questioning is okay, even if you do it more than once in your lifetime, and even if it takes years.  So for now, my goal here is to finish reading the book in a thoughtful manner, absorbing as much as possible, and then seeing where my heart takes me from there.

For information on Bat Fit 2014 and how you can participate, click here!

6 comments:

  1. It looks like you've set some worthwhile goals for yourself. May you attain all of them. By the way, "Dark Night of the Soul" sounds like good reading. Happy New Year to you, Lucretia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And it IS a wonderful book, I highly recommend it! This is, I believe, the fourth time I've read it, and I get something different out of it every time. The author spent his early years as a Catholic monk, but he now embraces ALL aspects of deity; in fact, there is quite a large section of one chapter devoted to Hekate. You might want to check it out. And Happy New Year to you, Nightwind!

      Delete
  2. HAPPIEST OF NEW YEAR, my darling friend! Big hugs to you and yours ... and welcome aboard Bat Fit! Good luck with your goals and may 2014 be content, peaceful, productive and calm. MUAH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I could certainly use the productive part!! MUAH to you as well!

      Delete
  3. I started a juice cleanse recently. I didn't realize how many toxins I had yuck!! I think it is good to replenish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I don't think I'd do well with a juice cleanse, though. Having to fast for 24 hours once a month when I was going to church just made me headachey and irritable, I'm not sure what a juice cleanse would do!

      Delete