On the tenth day of Creepmas, my true love gave to me... ten creepy books!
Here is my Top Ten Creepy Books List:
1. The Shining by Stephen King -- This is THE CREEPIEST BOOK I've ever read. Forget the movie, read the book! If you can ignore the excessive F-bombs, this book will have your hair standing on end long before you finish it.
2. Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill -- This book scared the holy crap out of me, but I couldn't put it down.
3. The Bride of Kilkerran by Kathleen Westcott -- Published in 1972, this was one of my very first 'mystery romance' books, and I still have my original paperback copy. Lots of creepy plot twists, and a VERY satisfying ending!
4. And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie -- I'm a HUGE Christie fan, and this is one of my favorites! Ten dead bodies on an island, and all of them were murdered. But where is the killer?
5. Animal Farm by George Orwell -- The message of this book is terrifying, and the story carries some very creepy messages, like "Four legs good, two legs bad!" (Do you know what your animals are thinking?)
6. The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde -- Another oldie but goodie.
7. Misery by Stephen King -- This was so creepy that I couldn't finish reading it.
8. Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier -- How creepy is it when the storyteller has no name, and the main character is dead...?
9. Let the Right One In by John Ajvide Lindqvist -- Couldn't put this one down, but had to get rid of it after I'd finished it. Too creepy to keep.
10. Hell by Kathryn Davis -- I actually haven't read this one (yet), but just reading the description creeped me out: "Three homes exist in the same house simultaneously, each one haunting the other two equally." Alternate realities with a vengance!!