Sunday, June 8, 2014

A Goth Mom in Need

One of my best goth friends, Winter, has a sister-in-law named Kanena.  She is a single 20-something goth mom with a 5-year-old daughter, and until recently she was the main caregiver for her mother, who is dying of bone cancer.  But now Kanena has been diagnosed with cervical cancer, and is undergoing chemo treatments.  And of course, this means she needs to be able to pay for them, as well as medication, doctor visits, etc.  When you are a home caregiver, you don't usually have insurance, and even if you do, it's never enough to deal with something like this.

On behalf of Kanena and her daughter, I'm posting this link for donations to help her pay for her treatments.  If you would like to help and are able to do so, here is the link to her GoFundMe account, which will send the money directly to her:  http://www.gofundme.com/1kwes4

And if you would like to help but are unable to do so monetarily, please send prayers, healing energy, or anything else that you feel inspired to send her to help her get through this difficult time.

Thank you so much!  Mitakuye oyasin...  ("We are all related...")

13 comments:

  1. It is just so utterly WRONG that people need to be worrying about how to pay for their medical treatments when they're facing a health crisis! :(

    My best wishes for Kanena during this horrible time. ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and you're right, it IS wrong. All systems seem to have their good and bad points. I just wish we could find a solution that would work for EVERYONE in the world.

      Delete
  2. Thank you Lucretia, you are amazing :D hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my relatives has just gone through treatment for this awful disease - as a Brit I find it incomprehensible that Kanena has to pay for her own treatment. But this is not a soap box, and what is important is Kanena's future - and her daughter. And Lucretia, you are a super friend for doing what you can to help.

    If I can bring a ray of light into this, my aunty is now a month on from her op, and doing amazingly well with no other cancer detected. I hope the outcome here is similar.

    Winter, my thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. * should have said Winter, thoughts are with you also. Awful time for everyone.

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I've also known people who have "kicked" their cancer, so thanks for sharing your aunt's story, it does bring hope to those who are dealing with it.

      Delete
    3. Donation made (under my 'posh lady' name as my postman calls it!)

      Delete
    4. Thank you, you're a love! :-)

      Delete
  4. I'll send something along to her. Best wishes to Kanena. I do agree with Little Gothic Horrors though, it's just wrong that people have to worry about paying for extremely expensive health care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also shared this with the Ravenwood Gothic Community on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete